Wednesday 28 October 2009

Program Management Code Words

Program words of wisdom:-
Quantitative Program management is for predicting cost and schedule overruns well in advance.


Here are the codes!
What he tells you
What it actually means

Average blended, fully-loaded rate schedule
I don't have any idea what the average rate is, so I'm making up a number and declaring it to be correct. Since no one else has any idea either, it is unlikely that I'll get caught.

How much will the BOM cost?
I need a number that I can nail you with later when the Program fails due to cost over-run

How much will the Memory IC cost?
I need a good estimate ...and make it cheap.

The Program is green
The Program is red but we'll have that fixed in no time. Besides, if I report red that would make the VP look bad to start scolding me.

The Program is yellow
The Program is red and I can't hide it entirely, so I'll say yellow. If the real red status ever gets out it will cost me my job.

The Program is red
It's a good thing I have that job interview tomorrow.

Critical Path
Quickest route to the outhouse/ Toilet

Privily
See Critical Path


Kacak5 Management

1 comment:

  1. I all the time used to read piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user of internet
    so from now I am using net for posts, thanks to web.


    Visit my weblog Louis Vuitton Handbags

    ReplyDelete